|In This Issue
|Friday, January 12, 2018|
Candle Lighting 4:21pm
Saturday, January 13, 2018
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Friday, January 19, 2018
| Young Israel of West Rogers Park
2706 W. Touhy Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60645
Rabbi Elisha Prero
David M. Rosenberg, President
Young Israel of West Rogers Park wishes its members and friends a Shabbat Shalom!
Young Israel celebrates seven decades of Medinat Yisrael and is proud to be taking part in the Mizrachi RZC community-wide Shabbaton. See the attached flyer for details.
The shul is honored to welcome Rabbi Dov Lerner of Congregation KINS, who will be speaking at seudah shelishit as part of the Shabbaton.
Kiddush, Simchas and Events
Mazal tov to Rabbi and Miriam Prero on the birth of a grandson, born to Esti and Rafi Domsky in Jerusalem on Tuesday, January 9th. Mazal tov to great grandparents Mr. and Mrs. Arthur and Sally Dordek and to the extended Prero family.
Kiddush this week is sponsored by Robbin and Dorron Katzin in commemoration of the third yahrzeit of her father Allen Saltzman, A"H.
Thank you to:
- Shira Stromer for preparing her delicious cholent for Kiddush
- Our Kiddush Shoppers team, Ethel Fenig, Robbin Katzin, Ari Madoff, Joel Malkin, and Hillorie Morrison
- Those who help set up or clean up for Kiddushim and Seudah Shelishit
- Those who help prepare the shul for Shabbat
- Those who help lead our tefillot and read the Torah and Haftarah
|If you would like to sponsor a Kiddush, Seudah Shelishit, or other shul program, please send an email to email@example.com
Unless otherwise specified, shiurim and classes take place in the Arthur & Sally Dordek Library at Young Israel. All are welcome to participate in any of the shiurim.
Rabbi Prero's shiur on Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik's sefer, Al Hateshuva, On Repentence, is currently on break
- The Navi (Prophets) shiur will meet on Wednesday, January 17, at 8:30pm. The class is currently learning the book of Yehoshua (Joshua). Participants may use the Judaica Press (English) edition or the Mossad HaRav Kook (Hebrew) edition. For more information, please speak with Dr. Richard Chasman or Robbin Katzin.
The next meeting of the Governing Board of Young Israel of West Rogers Park will take place on Sunday, January 14, from 9:15am to 10:30am. All members and associate members in good standing are welcome to attend.
Other events in the Mizrachi RZC Community-Wide Shabbaton include:
- Oneg Shabbat with Rabbi Shmuel Goldin at 8:00pm at the home of Alan & Leah Cohen, 2940 Lunt
- Mizrachi Bet Cafe featuring Comedian Ashley Blaker and the music of the Voyage on Motzaei Shabbat. Door open at 7:30pm at the Mayer Kaplan JCC, 5050 Church, Skokie (limited seating)
There is an AA meeting at YIWRP every Tuesday from 7:30-8:30pm. it is a beginners meeting and open to those interested in recovering from alcholism.
YU Torah Mitzion Kollel - For information about programs offered by our important Torah learning partner, please visit their website at www.chicagotorah.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eruv - Don't forget to check the status of the West Rogers Park eruv before every Shabbat. (773) 743-7882.
Join the Club!
You can join any of our Chai Clubs by signing up using the following buttons. Your regular payments will be made to the shul until you decide to stop them.
|*Please note that the Chai Clubs are additional donations and do not apply towards membership dues.